Home Staging in Portland Pearl District & South Waterfront Lofts & Condos
My favorite jobs are the ones providing home staging in Portland’s Pearl District and South Waterfront Lofts, Condos & Penthouses.
I love these condos and lofts for their floor to ceiling windows and open floor plans. If you saw my post about “Little Boxes on the Hillside”, then you already know that one of the challenges to selling these lofts and condos is making them stand out from their competition.
When you are ready to list your loft or condo in the Pearl District or South Waterfront, look at the other listings already in your building.
- ** Are they vacant or occupied?
- ** Are they re-sales or still new?
- ** How do they compare in amenities? Floor plan? Upgrades to finishes? Their view?
This is your competition. All of the buyers wanting to purchase a loft or condo in the Pearl District or South Waterfront know that there are many to choose from and they are comparing your listing with all the others available. Did you know that over 84% of people looking for homes will look at properties on the internet before they ever call their broker to go look? They have a list of properties they want to see ready before they ever get in their car — or on the MAX — to go look. If you are in a high-rise condo, there are no “FOR SALE” signs outside your place attracting interest, so what is going to get them to come look in the first place? It’s your listing photos. It is essential to professionally stage your condo or loft in the Pearl District and South Waterfront and have professional quality photos taken in order to stand out from all the other condos on the market in your area. In these two sets of before & after photos, which condo would you take the time to go see if you were shopping?
Speak with your broker and find out who is in your “target market”.
- ** Are they younger and single?
- ** First time buyers?
- ** Do they work out of their homes?
- ** Have children?
- ** Older and more established?
- ** Is this likely to be a second vacation home?
Hire a home stager who offers the right look and feel for the Pearl District or South Waterfront. A stager who understands the tastes and needs of your target market will do a better job of tailoring the staging to appeal to potential buyers. They will determine if the condo or loft needs a fresh contemporary look for younger buyers with an office set up for live/work, or a more transitional and upscale look for buyers who are more established. In the photos below:
- ** The first before and after are of a studio condo in the Portland South Park Blocks staged to appeal to young, first time buyers.
- ** The second before and after photos are of a professionally staged, Pearl District penthouse loft appealing to high-end buyers and it fits the upscale, contemporary architecture of the property.
- ** The third set of before & after photos is of a high-end studio loft in Portland’s South Waterfront John Ross Condominiums with home staging geared toward buyers of vacation or second homes.
Finally, hire a professional stager who is familiar with the special rules and regulations for staging work in condos. Parking and elevator use restrictions require knowledge and careful planning.
Pangaea Interior Design specializes in home staging for Portland’s Pearl District, Downtown, Cultural District, South Waterfront and North Waterfront Condos, Lofts and Penthouses. We have the right inventory for everything from starter properties to high end luxury penthouses. For expert help with vacant and occupied properties, call today for your free, no-obligation home staging proposal. 503.816.4394