Archive for the ‘South Waterfront’ Category
Monday, October 26th, 2009
As the rain has started to come down in sheets and the nights have turned COLD, my fireplace has been put into use in a big way. Many years ago, urban living in lofts, condos and apartments meant living without a fireplace. But technology has changed all of that. One potential client who recently contacted me said his one concession in buying a condo in the John Ross Condomiums in the South Waterfront district was to forego a fireplace — but we have a solution for him. Another client in The Wyatt high rise apartments in the Pearl District had a fireplace listed as one of her first items to add to her decor. I was also in the 937 Condominiums in the Pearl District last week and felt sad that for almost half a million dollars, you end up with no fireplace! So, this post is for you! Whether you have a condo in the Pearl or South Waterfront, or a house where there is no built-in fireplace, with today’s technology, there is now a fireplace for everyone, every room, and just about every budget!
Pangaea’s Picks: Top Ten Fireplaces:
1. Harry Leenders – Hands down, my fave for a suspended, rotating fireplace. Love the sleek lines.
2. EcoSmart’s Denatured Ethanol burning fireplaces can be set into a built in display or they have many free-standing styles. Environmentally friendly and renewable fuel is a plus.
3. This Eurofocus has nice clean lines and is angled to look great in a corner.
4. Rais is just simple and lovely.
5. What top ten list would be complete without the modern classic Fireorb?
6. Schulte Design has inset this little beauty into a modern coffee table. Open to use the fire and push the two sides together to conceal it and just use the coffee table. Brilliant!
7. Sparkfires has this wonderful 6 foot long Ribbon Fire. It really makes a great statement in a big room.
8. Of all the wall hung, ventless, flueless fireplaces, I love this one by Superior Fires called Scandium.
9. This is probably the most unique style I’ve seen for free standing ventless, flueless fireplaces. It’s minimal and beautiful. Wonder if I can just roll it along with me wherever I go?
10. I love fireplaces that incorporate a place to store the firewood. What a great idea! This Wittus Cubic wood burning stove stores plenty of wood and is large enough to feel like a built-in architectural feature.
1 Harry Leenders Suspended, Rotating Fireplace
2 EcoSmart Denatured Ethanol Burning Fireplace
3 Eurofocus Angled Corner Fireplace
6 Schulte Design Fire Furniture
7 Sparkfires Fire Ribbon
8 Superior Fires Scandium Wall Hung Fireplace
9 Conmoto Roll Fire
10 Wittus Cubic Fireplace
Tags: 937 Condominiums, denatured ethanol, environmentally friendly, Fireplace, flueless fireplace, John Ross Condominiums, Pearl District, penthouse, South Waterfront District, sustainable style, The Wyatt, Top Ten, ventless fireplace, wood burning stove
Posted in Cool Stuff, Design Tips, Fireplace, Interior Design, Pearl District, South Waterfront, Sustainable style, Top Ten, Uncategorized | No Comments »
Thursday, July 30th, 2009
My favorite jobs are the ones providing home staging in Portland’s Pearl District and South Waterfront Lofts, Condos & Penthouses.
I love these condos and lofts for their floor to ceiling windows and open floor plans. If you saw my post about “Little Boxes on the Hillside”, then you already know that one of the challenges to selling these lofts and condos is making them stand out from their competition.
When you are ready to list your loft or condo in the Pearl District or South Waterfront, look at the other listings already in your building.
- ** Are they vacant or occupied?
- ** Are they re-sales or still new?
- ** How do they compare in amenities? Floor plan? Upgrades to finishes? Their view?
This is your competition. All of the buyers wanting to purchase a loft or condo in the Pearl District or South Waterfront know that there are many to choose from and they are comparing your listing with all the others available. Did you know that over 84% of people looking for homes will look at properties on the internet before they ever call their broker to go look? They have a list of properties they want to see ready before they ever get in their car — or on the MAX — to go look. If you are in a high-rise condo, there are no “FOR SALE” signs outside your place attracting interest, so what is going to get them to come look in the first place? It’s your listing photos. It is essential to professionally stage your condo or loft in the Pearl District and South Waterfront and have professional quality photos taken in order to stand out from all the other condos on the market in your area. In these two sets of before & after photos, which condo would you take the time to go see if you were shopping?
Speak with your broker and find out who is in your “target market”.
- ** Are they younger and single?
- ** First time buyers?
- ** Do they work out of their homes?
- ** Have children?
- ** Older and more established?
- ** Is this likely to be a second vacation home?
Hire a home stager who offers the right look and feel for the Pearl District or South Waterfront. A stager who understands the tastes and needs of your target market will do a better job of tailoring the staging to appeal to potential buyers. They will determine if the condo or loft needs a fresh contemporary look for younger buyers with an office set up for live/work, or a more transitional and upscale look for buyers who are more established. In the photos below:
- ** The first before and after are of a studio condo in the Portland South Park Blocks staged to appeal to young, first time buyers.
- ** The second before and after photos are of a professionally staged, Pearl District penthouse loft appealing to high-end buyers and it fits the upscale, contemporary architecture of the property.
- ** The third set of before & after photos is of a high-end studio loft in Portland’s South Waterfront John Ross Condominiums with home staging geared toward buyers of vacation or second homes.
Finally, hire a professional stager who is familiar with the special rules and regulations for staging work in condos. Parking and elevator use restrictions require knowledge and careful planning.
Pangaea Interior Design specializes in home staging for Portland’s Pearl District, Downtown, Cultural District, South Waterfront and North Waterfront Condos, Lofts and Penthouses. We have the right inventory for everything from starter properties to high end luxury penthouses. For expert help with vacant and occupied properties, call today for your free, no-obligation home staging proposal. 503.816.4394
Tags: Home Staging, Lofts, Pearl District, penthouse, South Waterfront, staging condos, staging lofts, staging luxury homes
Posted in Home Staging, Lofts, Pearl District, South Waterfront, Uncategorized | No Comments »